Monday 21 May 2012

Vancouver week two: Stanley Park, getting things together


Things are getting a bit more Real Life - I'm over my jet lag and I've been looking for places to live and a job. Boring, but necessary things that have brought me down to earth a bit.

I got a new phone because I'm waiting on O2 to unlock my iPhone, and just look at this baby:

I know you're jealous

I also met up with my future flatmate, and we're going to look at some apartments tomorrow - which I'm fairly sure will be another thing to make everything more real.

Friday was my first night out in Vancouver, meeting one of my online friends. We went to a London themed pub - which was rather North American, actually, but it had a tasty London pale ale so I can't complain too much. I had a great time and some really tasty chips, and I didn't even get too drunk (at $4.50/pint and no job, that may be why...). 

One day, since the weather was so nice, I decided to go out to Stanley Park. According to Wikipedia, "Stanley Park is a 404.9 hectare (1,001 acre) urban park" so, you know, it's kind of big. 

Pictures under the jump!

I decided to walk around the seawall and maybe explore the interior another time. After getting a bit burned on my walk to Kitsilano, this time I was armed with sun cream and slathered it on liberally every hour or so (the white line from my cross-body bag was so not cool). 

It was a lovely walk! 




There are quite a few beaches dotted around the seawall. I stopped off at Third Beach to relax and have something to eat. 


My lunch - veggie hotdog!


It was a lot of fun but a loooooong walk, especially since when I was done, it was another couple of km back to Burrard station, and then another from Nanaimo to my flat... but I did it!


Once the weather picks up, I'll definitely go visit again :)

No comments:

Post a Comment